This is the first 3DbioNet call for pump-priming projects. The aim is to build on discussions and networking that took place in Liverpool (Launch Workshop, January 2019) and Sheffield (2nd Workshop, June 2019). The budget for individual projects is capped at £80K and we envisage funding approximately 5-6 projects in this call.
Scope and eligibility
- Applications must address the remit of the network and aspects of the challenges identified during the 3DbioNet workshops.
- The projects will be evaluated by 3DbioNet’s advisory board based on the quality and originality of the science, the fit with the remit of the call, the added value of the collaboration, and the potential for sustainability and longer term funding.
- A minimum of 2 institutions should be involved in each project. One of these could be an industrial partner.
- Applications must be led by a UK-based investigator, who attended at least one of the 3DbioNet workshops.
- We expect to fund a range of projects. We have a budget of £240k for this call and expect to fund 5 to 6 projects, with a maximum budget of £80k per project.
- Projects will be funded at 80% FEC.
- All projects must be completed by 31st December 2020 (at the very latest).
- If a grant is awarded, then the applicants commit to providing a final report by 30th January 2021 including a one page summary suitable for sharing on the network blog.
How to apply? Simple: download, complete and send the application form.
Deadline for Submission: Friday 12th July 2019
Notification of outcomes: Monday 29th July 2019
Submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org